Another part of having long cold winters is the necessity of spending a lot more time at home. I think it's due to that fact that there is one thing that seems to happen to me every time this year. I start noticing some of my boring white walls and get the itch to paint. This year was no different and this time we tackled the dreaded kitchen. This has been taking up most of my spare time lately, but it's kept me busy and has been fun....except for the dreaded task of picking the right color! After putting up 3 different color samples on the wall, picking a 4th new color that my poor husband and father-in-law painted the whole kitchen with, woke up the next morning and was disappointed that it just didn't turn out like I'd imagined or hoped, decided that I really needed to change it before the second coat went up or I'd be bugged forever, went back to the paint store and re-tinted my test can..not once...but twice (I stared knowing these guys by name almost..but they were fabulous to work with!), and finally decided on the RIGHT color. Zac was pretty frustrated with me, but let me pick another color anyways! (He's always saying he needs more patience...I was just trying to help him out!) This past week, I started re-painting it on my own with the help of a friend, and then re-inforcements came Friday night with Zac, his dad, and brother helping to get it all done! Painting the kitchen is such a big job once....let alone twice! ( I really felt bad they had to help again!)
Here are the results...but hard to tell from the pictures:

I painted the archway a suede sage green..it's on both sides in the kitchen and family room. At first I thought it was like walking through an enchanted forest...but now I'm used to it and love it

The kitchen is a light tan...not too noticeable in these pictures, but it has the subtle look I was going for that warms up the kitchen. The other color was kind of a creamy tan with a green undertone...it wasn't bad but it didn't have that much color to it. I am definately not an interior decorater, but I'm happy how it turned out and so glad to be done. We only have a little touch up to do and then I get to put things back up on the walls and have my kitchen back!
OK.....now I am ready for the sun to come out and spend more time outside. I think I'm done with painting for now.....until next winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment